OUR MARKET LEADING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY GETS YOU THERE QUICKER.
Our Sourcing and Operational Transformation Intellectual Property (IP) is market leading and helps to set us apart from our competitors. We work hard to provide the insights, the perspectives, market knowledge and the tools that help you to stay ahead – to help you do things bigger, better, and quicker.
We give our Clients access to a world of knowledge that accelerates delivery and improves the quality of the results time after time. We’ve invested thousands of hours in the development of our Intellectual Property and we’re going to continue to do so keeping it at the forefront of the industry.
Research & Insights
Our research and insights capability helps our Clients not only get the basic fundamentals right but to also be at the leading edge of the industry in terms of Sourcing and Operational Transformation.
Under the leadership of our Research Director, Jo Hillyer, we have a rolling programme of research and insight development including:
- Market Trends and Analysis
- Service Provider Profiles
- Sourcing Surveys
- Industry Insights & Comment
- White Papers
- Perspective Articles
- ‘In a nutshell’ series of Learning Guides
Tools & Methodology
Our ‘box of accelerators’ consists of tools, templates, frameworks, and methodologies, that underpin the quality of our advisory service delivery. They enable our Clients to get the best outcomes quicker. We equip our Advisors with the tools to enable them to do the best possible job they can for you.
We currently have 50+ tools to improve our engagements, and continue to improve and develop new tools all the time. On average, a typical Hillbrooke engagement would see the deployment of 10-12 different tools. These tools include;
- Sourcing Lifecycle Methodology
- Strategy Development Process and Supporting Tools
- Make / Buy Decision Frameworks
- Target Operating Model (TOM) Definition Tools
- Sourcing Process Methodology
- Key Commercial Principles (KCPs) Best Practice Templates
- Business and Business Function Taxonomy
- Programme and Project Management Tools
- Risk Assessment Tools
- Regulatory Compliance Checklists and Assessment Tools
- Beauty Parade Package of tools (Process, Briefing, Response, Evaluation)
- Request for Proposals (RFP) and Best And Final Offer (BAFO) Templates – 5 tailored variations depending on programme type
- Contract and Contract Schedule Drafts including variations based on different structures
- Pricebook Templates
- Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA) Templates and Tools
- Business Case Development Tools
Ask us about what tools we can bring to accelerate your programme and improve the outcomes.
Through leveraging our in-depth Benchmarking capability, our Clients can be assured that they are getting ‘best in class’ pricing, contract provisions, and service delivery. With access to over 100 sourcing contracts, dozens of Shared Services operational performance data, and thousands of data points our Benchmarking database helps to provide our Clients with an edge.
Our Benchmarking data collation is structured in 4 areas;
1) Unit Charging/Costs
Our Benchmarking database contains over 4,000 price data points covering a range of pricing units. These have been collated from executed contracts and Best And Final Offers (BAFO)s submitted by Service Providers representing offers capable of acceptance. Pricing Data includes;
- FTE Rate Cards by BPO role eg. Finance Clerk, Junior Underwriter
- FTE Rate Cards by ITO role eg. Senior Developer, Desktop Engineer
- Transaction Unit Costs by BPO functional process eg. cost per payroll, cost per invoice
- Transaction Unit Costs by ITO functional process eg. cost per user, cost per TB, cost per Server provisioning
2) Charging Guides
There are certain fixed and overhead costs that can’t readily be measured on a unit basis. That is why we developed ‘our charging guides’ which provide a ‘rule of thumb’ to help to validate and assess those difficult to break down costs. These include;
- Overhead Costs
- Transition Costs
- Transformation Costs
- Data Connectivity Costs
- RPA Deployment Costs
3) Service Levels
We Benchmark service level setting and performance against service levels across industry and across business function. We hold more than 5,000+ SLA ‘real-life’ data reference points (targets and performance). We hold this;
- By Service
- By Process
- Minimum and Expected Levels
4) Commercial & Contractual Terms
Our contract database includes more than 100+ contract (and associated contract schedules), enabling us to assess contracts against ‘market norm’ and ‘best practice’ terms and clauses.
- Key Legal Terms including Limits of Liability, Insurance, Warranties
- Key Commercial Terms including Indexation, FX, Volume Adjustment
Ask us about our Benchmarking capability and how it can help you to achieve a better deal and a better service.
It’s not just our Intellectual Property (IP) itself that helps us to stand out in the marketplace, it’s our approach to developing and using our tools, insights, and knowledge. This is reflected in our 10 IP principles (the ‘IP Golden Rules’) ;
No two projects are ever the same. That’s why all our IP can be readily tailored to meet each Client’s specific requirements.
We take the tools ‘off the shelf’ that will help to deliver your objectives (we never approach it the other way around).
IP should always be an aid to accelerating engagement delivery and provide robustness. It should never be a handicap or hard to apply.
We don’t believe in constantly re-inventing the wheel – we believe in leveraging our proven tools, frameworks, and methodology.
We don’t do rigid step process. Our frameworks allow Client content to be structured, and our templates are flexible. We allow our Advisors to decide what they apply, how, and when to apply it.
IP should not complicate things. Primarily IP should be functional – not ‘glossy’ for the sake of it. Jargon should always be avoided.
All our IP (methodology, templates, tools) integrate with each other. Everything is connected, everything has its place.
The IP must be outcome focused, readily understandable, and easy to apply.
Our Advisors insights, knowledge and experience are paramount. IP is designed to support the Advisor not replace them. We make sure ALL our Advisors have access to the latest tools and thinking.
We are constantly developing and refining our IP. A feedback loop after each engagement ensures our IP just keeps getting better.
If you would like to understand more about our approach to developing our Intellectual Property or how our tools, templates and insights can provide you with an edge then reach out to us.